Travelling with a disability, health issue or mental health condition
If you have a disability, health issue or mental health condition travelling abroad can be a challenge. As well as the usual travel arrangements such as checking your passport is up to date and that you have the right visas and vaccinations to enter the country, there are likely to be additional things you need to sort out to ensure your trip goes to plan.
This could include:
- Making sure your accommodation is suitable and that your hosts know of any special requirements you have.
- Ensuring your travelling arrangements cater for your needs such as taking a wheelchair or assistance dog.
- Making sure you take enough medication with you and that you are allowed to take this into the country you are visiting.
- Finding out about medical facilities in the area you are staying.
- Arranging suitable travel insurance.
The government has produced a range of useful leaflets and information to help. Click on the links below to find out more.
Travelling with asthma
Travelling with Diabetes
Travelling with a heart condition
People with mental health needs