Every year, 100s of children and young people get into difficulties while bodyboarding and need to be rescued by a lifeguard.
1. Go to the local pool before you go on holiday so you know your children are confident and competent in the water.
2. Choose a lifeguarded beach with a swim safe area and always watch what your children are doing.
3. Check the tides so your children don’t get stranded or caught in a rip tide.
4. And make sure your children know what to do if they get caught in a rip tide or fall into cold water.
5. Get the right kit and if possible book children a lesson with a qualified instructor.
Please like and share this video to help other mums and dads keep their children safe at the beach this summer.
These companies have signed up to the Safer Tourism Pledge