Always pack a carbon monoxide alarm when you travel, say the families of victims of this deadly gas.

Whether traveling for business or pleasure, long haul or local, festival or five-star luxury, the families of people who have died from carbon monoxide poisoning say packing a carbon monoxide alarm is a must, whenever you are staying away from home.

That is why Safer Tourism Foundation has joined forces with specialist safety equipment retailer Safelincs to provide kitemarked, approved and tested carbon monoxide alarms to travellers, tourists and holidaymakers, at a discounted price.

Alarms are now available here and you can use discount code SAFETOUR for an additional 10% saving.  A donation from the sale of the alarm is made to help fund Safer Tourism’s work to raise awareness of this deadly gas.

Carbon monoxide detectors save lives, and Safer Tourism is on a mission to help travellers ensure their holidays will be carbon monoxide-free, whether they are staying in a five-star resort or a last-minute, room-only booking.

A carbon monoxide detector is the only proven method to determine whether carbon monoxide is affecting your air quality, and give you the time to take action and seek medical treatment in order to prevent serious illness and even death.

But sadly, there are too many detectors available for sale that do not conform with the appropriate UK regulations which is why we have has taken steps to make effective and affordable detectors easily available to travellers.

Safer Tourism’s range of portable carbon monoxide detectors meets stringent safety testing, conforms to British Safety Standards BS EN 50291-2 regulations, and are BSI kitemarked.