Swimming pools (hotel)
- Read the pool rules before you get in the water and if you have children with you make sure they also know the rules for how to act in and around the pool.
- Never leave children unsupervised in or around a pool.
- Remember that most hotel pools do not have a lifeguard.
- Check where the pool is shallow and where it is deep before you get in and if you’re allowed to dive make sure you only do so where the water is at least 1.5 metres deep.
- Don’t swim after a meal or if you’ve been drinking.
- If you’ve had an upset stomach within the last 48 hours don’t get in the pool.
For more on pool safety read our guide.