Balconies are a great place to relax but they are one of the most common places for accidents to occur while on holiday. So just as you’d take care around a pool or in your hotel, here are some tips on how to stay safe on your balcony.
- Never stand on balcony furniture
- Never sit or lean over a balcony rail
- If it’s a bright sunny day or dark, it can be hard to see if a glass balcony door is open or closed so be careful not to walk into it.
If you have children with you then you need to take a couple of extra precautions.
- Never leave children unsupervised on a balcony
- Don’t leave balcony furniture or anything children can stand or climb on near a balcony edge
ABTA has produced a short video on keeping children safe on balconies.