Our approach to gathering information
The Safer Tourism Foundation is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
This policy applies to information collected on this website.
We are the Data Controller of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We only collect information about you that:
- helps us make the site work better for you
- lets us contact you if we need to or if you ask us to
- lets us give you accurate information that is relevant to you
- shows us how you are using the site, so we can keep improving it
- helps us understand why you support our work, so we can better meet your needs and others like you.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us email
- Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services
- If you send us feedback, your message will be kept
What are cookies?
How we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
- improve the content and design of the website
- let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so
- contact you, with your permission
- we never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we do not pass on your personal information to any other website.
Use of postal addresses and phone numbers
If you enter your postal address or phone number into any of our online forms, we may use these details to contact you, unless you ask us not to. If you have given us your postal address or phone number and would prefer not to be contacted by these means, please email email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- for law enforcement purposes
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal data
- see information we hold about you
- ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
- For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Safer Tourism Foundation at Astolat, Coniers Way, Guildford GU4 7HL. When we are satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose. You may choose to receive this information by email or in writing.
Please contact us at the same address if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
Links to and from our website
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.